Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sick Baby

Friday morning I took Gavin to Grandma Draudt's house for her and Andrea to watch him while I went to work. When I took him out of his carseat he threw up all over the both of us. I knew I need to stay home with my sick baby so we headed home for the day. Gavin had developed a cough but as the day wore on he seemed to be having a harder time breathing.

By that evening I was really getting worried so we took him to instacare. We had Brooklyn over the weekend so Chris stayed in the waiting room with her while Gavin and I saw the doctor.

Gavin has bronchiolitis (is swelling and mucus buildup in the smallest air passages in the lungs (bronchioles), usually due to a viral infection www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov). They did a breathing treatment that night at the doctor office and then prescribed an inhaler to use every three to four hours. Gavin did not like having the mask on his face for the breathing treatment at all and after screaming for 15-20 minutes finally gave up and fell asleep.

Gavin is still working on getting over this nasty stuff but we think the inhaler is definitely helping.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I really hate this pic. Its so sad, poor little guy. Why do babies have to get sick? It doesn't seem fair that they need us to help them but we don't know what they need because they cant tell us. SAD!

    ReplyDelete