Friday, February 15, 2013

Gavin Made Valentines

Gavin wanted to make Valentines for his Mimi and Grandma because they take such good care of him while Momma is at work. 

First we got some plain white canvases. I used the Cricut to cut out letters on contact paper. Once the letters were cut out I placed them on the canvases. Luckily Gavin took a nap while I did this. 

Once Gavin got up I got out the finger paints and let him go to town. He love painting the pictures and squeezing the paint in between his fingers. 

I wanted to take a picture of Gavin but every time I stood up he stood up and tried to follow me which wasn't good since he was covered in paint. I decided to just take a picture of him in the tubby but that didn't work either since he screamed the whole time. So, I have yet to actually get a picture of Gavin with his artwork.
All painted and in the process of drying.
Once the paint dried we peeled off the letters.
The pictures were then moved into the garage on some newspaper and spray painted with a topcoat to keep the paint from smearing and to make it shiny and pretty. (Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area whew that stuff is strong.)
We let the pictures dry over night. AND VOILA! FINITO! 
I think they turned out beautiful. I only wish I had him make one more for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment