Thursday, March 21, 2013

Floral Nails

Yesterday Gavin took a long nap and I decided to do something fun. When I showed Amanda (my sister) she told me I should do a tutorial on how to do this. It's so easy and it's a fun look. Everything floral seems to be big right now.
 

To begin you need to gather your supplies. It requires lots of special tools (wink wink). I am not super picky when it comes to nail polish. I usually use cheap drugstore polish but every once in a while I will get nicer polish or usually if I have nicer polish it was most likely gifted to me. Today I decided to use China Glaze in Four Leaf Clover. You will also need toothpicks and three different colors of acrylic paint two make the flowers (one light and one dark) and one for the leaves. I decided to use gold for the leaves. You will also want a clear top coat to put on at the very end.


Step 1: Paint all of your nails. Once painted let dry.

 

Step 2: Once your nails have dried take a tooth pick and dip it in the darker of your two colors. for me this was the coral color. make two small dots where you want your flower to be.
 
 Step 3: Then take the lighter of the two colors (white) and make two more dots with a different tooth pick.
Step 4: Take a new toothpick and swirl the two colors together in a spiral motion.
Once you have swirled the two colors together it will look like this >
Repeat steps for additional flowers.
Step 5: Once the flowers are complete you paint the leaves on with another toothpick. (So very complicated haha)
 
Step 6: Once the flowers are dry you can clean up any paint that strayed with a q-tip and nail polish remover. Paint with a topcoat and you're all done!
 

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! I'm sure mine would look like smudged paint with a blob. :)

    ReplyDelete