Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Brave

My friends are so Brave... so so Brave.

They really amaze me. 

My friend Donna starts chemo for breast cancer today and she was sweet enough to let me stop by for a super quick visit yesterday. I thought I was alright but I cried (of course I don't know why I didn't think I would). She is so brave and faithful and full of strength. 


Brooklyn recently chopped off and donated her hair. I had told her about my friend that has cancer because we had talked to her about how she could donate her hair. When I told her that my friend was going to cut off her own hair to make a wig she told me "She can use my hair instead." I told her that was so sweet of her and I even started crying again. Brooklyn always thinks it's kind of funny when she makes me cry (crying good tears of love not the sad, hurt crying of course.) Chris told Brooklyn that my friend has lots of her own hair she can use for a wig and Brooklyn's response was "My hair is really soft." She has such a big heart and I think it means so much that she knows that her hair will make someone else happy to have such a soft beautiful wig.

I feel like right now I know so many people going through some amazingly tough times. I am in awe of their strength and bravery and I am so grateful for their examples in my life. I know that a lot of the strength they have comes from the Lord and I know we can turn to him and be lifted up and our burdens lightened. 

As a side note... We went to City Creek and the Cheesecake factory for Amanda's birthday last night. Mmmm it was delicious (Thanks Grandpa). Some of the Christmas decorations are already up the kids had fun looking at the different Christmas boxes. If you live close by you should check it out. we'll definitely have to go again after thanksgiving and check out the Macy's windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment