Monday, September 16, 2013

"Our State Fair Is A Great State Fair"

"Don't miss it don't even be late 
It's dollars to doughnuts at our state fair 
It's the best state fair in the state."

Chris left on Wednesday for a work business trip. His work had their annual work convention in San Diego, California. It sounds like it was a pretty fun experience. Chris always loves going to convention. He tried Oysters which apparently taste like the beach smells. He also had Paella (I'm a little jealous).

Baby Squid in the Paella... that he actually ate.
Doesn't this look delicious?!
Such a pretty view.
At the San Diego Temple
Looking handsome for the Gala.
I was so proud of myself I didn't even freak out very much while he was gone. I always get nervous and have a hard time sleeping while he's gone. I think I did pretty good this time... but I definitely couldn't live alone lol.

While Daddy was away we made sure to play. 

Saturday we got up and headed to the STATE FAIR. I was so excited my mom invited us to go with them. I had wanted to take Gavin but between Comic Con and Chris going out of town I didn't think we'd end up going.

Waiting for the rain to clear up a little bit.
Pumpkins!

Gavin was very excited to see the animals. He was a little nervous about the goats and the sheep. He did pet a sleeping sheep but was not about to touch the ones that were awake. We got to pet a very cute 2 week old calf.


Gavin pretended to work on a farm and earned some fruit snacks.


His favorite part of the fair was probably the giant yellow slide. He had fun riding the Ferris wheel too... and of course we had to get some chocolate ice cream mmmm.

 

We had a pretty fun weekend but we are so glad daddy is home.


I don't know what you do when you go to Walmart but this is what we do. Rawr!
Gavin's favorite reading material.
Flowers for me from my sweet boy.
Could this boy be any sweeter? He wanted to put on one of Daddy's ties but I didn't know how to tie it so he found this instead. He insisted on wearing it to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment