Tuesday, May 6, 2014

When Daddy's Away We Play

Okay, so we didn't play that much since Gavin had a cold.... but we still had some fun. Chris went to Vegas for his work convention. Gavin and I watched lots of movies and snuggled and played school. Then on Friday we had a date lunch and Saturday we did some retail therapy... I found nothing and Gavin found a Spiderman costume for Mimi's Precious Pickles.... that is currently on Sulley.... just try to figure that one out ;)

Looking so cool on our way to "Grama House"
Gavin was so worried that Brooklyn's baby dolls don't have "weenies"
Playing school
Mmmm Cafe Rio Quesadilla... I wish I could insert a clip of him saying quesadilla it's so cute
  While I was trying on some skirts on Saturday in the dressing room and there was obviously someone in the room next to me (I think it was a worker)... Gavin said really loud "You're naked!" I was so embarrassed I laughed and said "No I'm not". He kills me sometimes :)

A lot of my weekend was spent working on cakes as usual. It really is something I love to do. One of the cakes I made was ordered by my Mother in law for my brother in law who just graduated from UVU and he and his wife will be leaving soon to go to dental school in Florida. We're sad they're leaving but I think that will the perfect excuse to take a trip to Florida :)

Gavin attended Matthew's graduation. I'm glad he was able to represent our family at the graduation.

Sunday was the day Chris was coming home from Vegas. I knew we would need to leave church early but I didn't tell Gavin even though I knew he was really looking forward to nursery. I think, honestly, I was worried he wouldn't make it through sacrament meeting if I told him he wouldn't be going to nursery. As soon as he found out he wouldn't be going to nursery he lost it. He was hysterical for probably a good 20 minutes on the way to get Chris. He kept telling me "I don't want Daddy. I want to go nursery"(just like that). He calmed down after a while and was happy to see Daddy. I am just glad he likes nursery so much. It used to be a struggle to get him to go but he loves it now. Whenever we drive past any church he says "There's a nursery".

It's hard to tell but he's wearing a red tie... he insisted on wearing his tie "just like daddy"


No comments:

Post a Comment