Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

I love long weekends with my family. They are the best!

Friday I got my carpet cleaned. We hadn't had it cleaned since we moved into the house... disgusting I know. But the carpet is clean and so pretty now. It's wonderful! 

Saturday we got up I finished making the cake pops for the winner, dropped them off and headed to Salt Lake to the Natural History Museum. It was really big and the kids had lots of fun. They had a bug exhibit and a chocolate exhibit and dinosaurs.... What more could a kid need?

 
 



 
 
 
 
 
I asked for a smile and this is what Gavin gave me.
 


Bugs!
These two love their Baka
Mimi grinding cocoa beans to make chocolate... it smelled delicious!
After a long afternoon at the museum the kids both got to eat a cake pop. They are both big cake pop fans.

 

Sunday we had a picnic outside with our spaghetti and meatballs... big mistake. It was a big mess. Note to self stick to finger foods for picnics. 

Brooklyn decided she loves collecting potato bugs. She was so funny. Gavin is still not a big fan. 
 

Monday we still didn't get to sleep in. The kids were up before seven. Lol. I made breakfast and we hung around the house for a little bit. After everyone got ready we went up to Mimi and Grandpas house. They got out the kiddy pool for the kids and they had fun. Brooklyn got tired of it and decided to change back into her clothes and go find potato bugs... so of course we had to have a huge water fight and she got so wet she had to change back into her swimsuit so we could dry her clothes in the dryer. Brooklyn made sure daddy got completely soaked too. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment