Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bored...

Not much has been going on and I've been feeling kind of blah about things but figured I'd post an update anyway. ... and Josh says... well at least he used to say"bored" so Chris and I say it all the time.... hence the title of this post.


Last week I rolled my ankle running and pulled a muscle in my leg so I took almost a whole week off from running. Apparently I can only run on flat surfaces with no cracks or bumps or I injure myself ha ha. I saw an ecard yesterday that said something like... Dang I forgot to post my workout on fb now it doesn't count. I often post my runs on fb but to hopefully motivate myself and other people. I just know I'm going to push harder and go farther then I would if no one was going to see it. Now on the other hand, if I go for a run without my Nike + or my sport band doesn't work and it doesn't track on Nike's website then I feel like I ran for nothing. :)... And besides if someone doesn't want to see my updates they can hide me from their newsfeed or delete me.


I went running again yesterday and I love my new Sauconys. They felt great for my 5.5 mile run.

Gavin saluted the flag for the pledge of allegiance just like all of the other scouts at den meeting it was seriously the cutest thing. He loves having those boys come over.

Chris fixed my car and saved us like $200. I am still impressed he fixed it. I will admit I was a little worried when I found out he was taking things apart that my car wouldn't work at all and then we would have no working cars. His car is still broken and we're not sure what is wrong with it. Car problems are seriously the pits.... not really what I want to spend my time or money dealing with. 


We went to a Cub Scout Pow Wow on Saturday. We learned a lot and had lots of fun. My favorite class was the woodwork class. We got to make a box and and catapult it was lots of fun. It kind of reminded me of how cub scout meetings should be. You accomplish things but you have lots of fun doing it. 


Sunday we went to dinner at Mimi and Grandpa's house and Gavin spent the night. Being able to go on a date is nice sometimes but I sure do miss that little guy when he's not around. He's been having so much fun with Grandpa and Mimi I'm not sure how he's going to feel about coming home. I can't wait to see him!


And just a few extra pictures for fun...

Gavin loves wearing Brooklyn's helmet
Coloring with Daddy is a new favorite.
Love me some snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment