Monday, August 5, 2013

So Long... Farewell....

Well our summer time with Brooklyn has come to an end. She was so ready to go back to her moms house by the end. She does so well at our house but misses her mom lots... which is totally understandable. I think she looked out the front window all day yesterday waiting for her mom. We told her she wouldn't be there until the sun was starting to go down. At church she asked if it would be kind of dark when we got home and when we told her it wouldn't she asked a few more times. Then she and Gavin sat at the window for probably an hour watching cars drive by. Brooklyn finally told us "I don't think my mom is going to come" we told her that she was still coming she must just be running late. I'm glad she loves her mom it would be hard to share her with someone if Brooklyn didn't love them.... lets be honest it's hard to share anyway :)

Thursday Daddy thankfully had the day off since his car is still broken. After I got off work we headed to Seven Peaks again. The kids love water and swimming and slides so Seven Peaks is a blast. Brooklyn finally got to go down the blue slide by herself. She wanted to go very first so when we all got down to the bottom she was so excited and was yelling with glee that she "did it!" and she did it all by herself. It was so cute. Her screaming even put a smile on the lifeguards face. We finally talked her into going on a few other slides and she loved those too. She is such a little fish. 

Daddy being an adult... working even on your day off. Booo

Friday, Mimi and Grandpa took the kids to Seven Peaks and they had so much fun... probably more fun with them because they rented tubes. Then after Seven Peaks they got Cafe Rio and then Ice Cream. Brooklyn told Mimi that we never do anything like that. I guess we are just the boring parents that never do anything fun.... I pray she will remember the things we do one day lol. 


Saturday morning we went to see Smurfs 2. Brooklyn had mentioned wanting to see it but I didn't think it was out in theaters yet... well it was. Gavin and I probably watched a quarter of the movie but Daddy and Brooklyn thought it was pretty cute. 

 

I've come downstairs more then once to find Chris watching "Jessie" or "Good Luck Charlie" on the Disney channel. He swears he doesn't like those shows but he gets sucked in and watches them. I think it's pretty funny. 

After the movie and buying diapers at Costco we got some ice cream at Macey's Grocery store. They have the best soft serve ice cream. 

This is what I get when I say to smile for a picture.
This is what I get when I tell him to open his eyes. Brooklyn is much better at smiling for pictures then her little brother.
Silly Faces.
 
I think this is is the funniest picture.

Such a fun weekend and such a fun few weeks we have had with Miss Brooklyn. It's going to be strange not having that sweet face around all the time and our house is already much quieter. Gavin cried when Brooklyn left last night. He loves his big sister. 

 
 
 

After Brooklyn left Daddy took Gavin outside and they found this teeny tiny snail on Gavin's golf ball... Don't mind Gavin's cookie face :)

 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun summer! I bet Gavin is going to miss his buddy, its so cute how she plays with him and is such a good big sister. I cant believe how grown up she is.

    ReplyDelete