Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lellow

Yesterday I made some cookies.... ya know the ones on pinterest with just bananas and oatmeal? I also added chocolate chips because chocolate makes everything better.... and the recipe said I could. 

Yuck!
I am not a fan. I don't like the consistency and they don't taste very good at all. 


Gavin didn't seem to mind them.... I think it had something to do with the chocolate. Chris said he didn't not like them lol.

Oh and everything is "Lellow" This morning Gavin was eating some gummy bears... I know I have awesome parenting skills. Every gummy bear was "lellow" or "red lellow" or "geen lellow". Silly boy. 

I've been super super busy with cub scout stuff this week.... and I hope our activity goes as planned.  There are so many forms that have to be filled out and so many things to keep track of. It's been a little crazy. 

My foot has started to bother me. It's the same foot that I rolled last week. I wonder if I just went a little overboard running home from work Monday and Tuesday and things hadn't quite healed. It's hard to take days off from running sometimes. I feel so much better when I run (better mentally, physically, emotionally) but if I take too much time off it's hard to get going again. 

I have read a whole lot about the whole VMA incident this past weekend. All I can say is the whole thing makes me sick. It makes me sick that a grown, married, father would dance and sing about those things. I had no idea what that song was about before... I didn't like it before and never really listened to it long enough to understand what he was saying. And it really makes me sick that a young woman would act like that for the whole world to see. 

Annette Funnicello
I remember hearing that Annette Funicello who was a Mouseketeer back in the day and then later in teen beach movies was asked by Walt Disney to wear modest swimsuits and cover her belly button. Can you imagine any of today's Disney stars wearing a swimsuit that covers their belly button even on the Disney channel? I can't. I think it is so sad to see what in the beginning seems like a wholesome(ish) child star destroy their lives. There are so many of them. I don't know if it's because of the pressure from the world or the lack of direction and discipline from parents or why so many of these young people have made such horrible decisions. Lol I sound so old. 

I just hope I can teach my children the right things so that these are not the people they look up to and want to emulate. I hope they can see there is a bigger and better purpose in life. I will fight for my children to learn the way to be truly happy in this life.


No comments:

Post a Comment