Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Love Bug Valentine

I can't believe Valentines Day was almost two weeks ago and I still haven't posted about it. We had a fun weekend. It also just so happened to be our weekend with Brooklyn. 

In the morning when I left for work I found the sweetest card in my car from my husband and then had some beautiful roses delivered to me while I was at work. I am such a lucky lady.... I'm blessed too but I like the way lucky lady sounds better ha ha.


I made some cute homemade Valentines for the kids and Chris. I made sure we had little bags for them to put some treats in to take to Grandma's. 


Grandma and Grandpa Draudt were super nice and watched the kids while we went out to dinner. It was such a nice treat to go out together... and I'm so glad Chris made reservations. The wait time without a reservation was 3 hours! Crazy! Anyway. I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful sweetheart. 

I love my Valentines!

Saturday we did heart hair... we celebrated love day all weekend.
We saw the Lego Movie with Mimi and Baka.
My crazy cute kids.
We also made Heart crayons.
And Stained Glass windows.

Just a quick little instruction for the Love Bugs. I had a few people ask how I made them.

Here are the steps...
  1. Make two tissue paper flowers. The more layers of tissue paper the fluffier the flowers will be. Fold like and accordion, tie in the middle with string and then separate the layers.
  2. Hot Glue the bottoms of the Flowers together.
  3. Cut out one large heart and two small hearts out of sparkly foam or paper.
  4. Attach the flower ball to the large heart. Attach the little hears to pipe cleaners.
  5. Glue Googly eyes, pom pom nose and pipe cleaners to the flower ball. 
Tada! You've got a Love bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment