Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Meh... And Not So Meh

I am soooooo tiiirrreeed today. . .
 
After dinner last night I left to run some errands. While I was gone Gavin fell asleep. He fell asleep before 8. Gavin is usually up until 9:30 so I was a little concerned he was going to wake up around eleven and want to be up for a while but I figured we'd just try to let him sleep and hope for the best.

..... Bad decision on our part.

Little Man woke up twice in the night and then decided to be awake from around 4:30 to 6 this morning. I thought maybe if I brought him in with us he would calm down and go back to sleep. Nope just rolled around and kicked us in the face and stood up and crawled all over like we were his personal jungle gym.

Lucky for him he can take naps while the rest of us work today lol. 
Gavin is now walking more than crawling even when he's tired and falls on his bum every time he tries to stand up. He is so proud of himself and I must admit I'm a pretty proud Momma too. 

He loves to pick things up and carry them around. He always has something in each hand and some of his favorite things to carry around include Chris's shoes if they happen to be left out. And those shoes are not light Gavin is such a strong little guy.

I forget how little/young he is sometimes he is just so determined to be a big boy. At church on Sunday there were some of the nursery age boys hanging out in the kitchen and Gavin wanted to see what was going on. Those boys were twice his size. They were so sweet with him and made sure to share the ball they had with him. Gavin just looks like such a tiny person walking around.

I get emails every week telling me things about the development of most babies his age. This week the email said  "Your baby may "walk" while you're gripping his hands..." I am still amazed he's walking all by himself and really doesn't like help anymore. I never thought I'd have a baby that walked this early... more so this well this early.
Walking around carrying his sippy cup.

Walking around like a big kid at the tree-house in the Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment