Friday, August 3, 2012

My REAL Mom

When I went to pick up Brooklyn from Grandma Josh's house yesterday she informed me that "Grandma is not your real Mom." Poor girl has so many things to be confused about. She told me that I have a mom that I've never met that is my real mom and that Grandma is my fake mom. While we were at Seven Peaks she also told me "Guess what? Grandma is going to adopt you!"

I tried to explain things to her that Grandma is my real mom I just didn't grow in her tummy. I grew in my birth mom's tummy but she couldn't take care of me so she gave me to Grandma and Grandpa to take care of me. I told her that just like I'm one of her mom's because I'm her step mom and love her and take care of her, Grandma is my mom. She asked why my "real" mom couldn't take care of me and I told her that she wasn't married and didn't have enough money or something and she knew Grandma and Grandpa would love me and take care of me.

I still don't know if she understands. I know she is still confused about how she has two families and what step parents are. This sweet girl has way too many things to be confused about. Love her.
Brooklyn in her cute tutu my bestie Amy made.

1 comment:

  1. Way-to-go "Fake" grandma Debbie for trying to be a help :) Gota love her.

    And yes, super cute tutu.

    ReplyDelete