Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Fourth of July

I just realized I never posted about the fourth of July. Better late then never right? haha

For the fourth of July we went up to visit Mimi and Grandpa. We went to the parade in Kaysville. This is a change for us because every year since Chris and I have been together we've gone to the Provo parade. I wanted to go to the Kaysville parade this year because I wanted to see the Davis High Marching Band.... yes I'm a nerd like that. The Davis High band is going to the Rose Parade in California again this year just like when I was in high school fifty years ago. They are also the biggest band in the state (I think that is pretty impressive.)
Family at the Parade

Grandpa and Gav at the parade.

 Before the parade Amanda got some temporary lip tattoos for all us girls to try which were so fun. I kept thinking people were looking at me and then I realized they really were because of my lips. I think we'll have to try these again when we have Brooklyn around I'm sure she'd love them. If you'd like to try them for yourself you can get them here. 
 
I'm proud to be an American can you tell?

That night we went to the Kaysville fireworks. They always put on a great show. We weren't quite sure how Gavin would react to the fireworks but he loved them. If you know Gavin you know he is not a still child... at all... but during the fireworks he was frozen in total awe of the fireworks. 

Mimi and Gavin waiting for the fireworks.

Look mom I can drink my bottle all by myself.

Pretty fireworks.

1 comment: