Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Missing our Little Booger :(

Our house is way too quiet.

This past weekend was our last with the Little Miss before she starts school. I can't believe she's starting Kindergarten this year. She is such a sweet heart.

Grandma Josh got her a couple of shirts for school that were pink (one of her favorite colors) and black and had cute hearts and stars on them. Grandma Debbie also took Brooklyn shopping before she left and got her some super cute school clothes.

Her favorite article of clothing was this....
You can find this at Old Navy.
While they were out looking Brooklyn insisted that she get this jacket. They couldn't find anything to match it at Old Navy but she insisted they get it right away because it might be gone if they came back for it. How cute is that jacket? She has her own little style and loves being a girl.

We've gotten her some eyeshadow and she is always asking to wear "her makeup". She had asked a few times while she was at our house if we could put my makeup on and so Saturday morning while Gavin was taking his nap I gave Brooklyn a makeover. She definitely doesn't need makeup and is so beautiful without it but sometimes it's fun to play dress up and put makeup on and do girly things.
She did the duck face all by herself.
She held so still while I was putting on her makeup and didn't even have a problem with the mascara. I remember my mom putting mascara on me for dance performances and competitions and it did not go that smoothly. Brooklyn was so careful not to touch her eyes all day and hoped it would stay on over night so she could wear it to church the next day. She was constantly asking "Do my eyes still look pretty?"

Friday night we played movie theater. Brooklyn make tickets and we had popcorn and drinks and we watched The Lorax. She loved it and asked to play movie theater again on Saturday I think it will be a new favorite in our house. 

We went to dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Mike and Debbie's Sunday. Which is always a treat. Both of the kids love spending time with their Grandparents.

When we got home that night we packed up Brooklyn's school stuff. I forgot to mention she got a Justin Bieber notebook that she kissed when she picked it out at the store. She makes me laugh.

I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I feel so bad that she has to go back and forth and adjust to different rules at different houses. She tries to understand why she has a step mom and a step dad and why her other brothers and sisters don't have them. She is so smart and sometimes I forget that she is only five years old.

Good luck with school Little Miss. We Love you LOTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment