Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Park City and other Birthday Fun!

During the summer for someones birthday every year we go to Park City. Last year we went for Chris's birthday and this year we went for mine. It is so fun for Brooklyn to be able to go with us and I look forward to when Gavin is big enough to ride the slide too.

Most of both of our families were able to make it and our good friends Jared and Miriam came too. I love how I say things like we're going to celebrate my birthday but really it's just an excuse to get everyone to go and do something fun!

The Grandma's were super nice to stay at the bottom with Gavin and Baby Jack while we rode the Alpine Slide and the Coaster.
Mimi and the Babies (wish this picture wasn't so dark)

Chris beat me for the first time on the Alpine Slide. It was the first time he's beat me in the four years that we've gone... I must have picked the wrong lane to go in.

I love taking people to places I love and seeing them experience it for the first time. This trip was a first for almost everyone... Miriam, Jared, Josh, Andrea (I'm not totally sure if Travis had done it before or not).  And.... No one crashed! Not that I really thought anyone would but I guess Jared was terrified because they have some crazy friends that always come away from the slide injured.


She sure loves her Aunt Andrea

Miriam, Jared, Andrea, Josh and Travis on the lift behind us.

Grandpa Mike and Brookie rode the slide and the coaster together.

Our cute friends... and yes Jared's eyes are closed in this picture :)

After we finished with the rides we headed over to Baja Cantina (a staple to any Park City trip.) Chris and I got the Chili Verde nachos... so yummy. Dad also got me a mild chocolate bear from the Rocky Mtn Chocolate Factory, my favorite.

Such a fun day! Thanks families for coming with us to celebrate my birthday.


Chris also made me some GF brownies for my birthday and Brookie and Chris sang to me. I love my family.

2 comments:

  1. What a lucky girl you are to have such a great family! I hope I can make it to Park City with you guys next year, it looks so fun.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting us! It was such a great day! You have an awesome family! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete