Monday, July 1, 2013

Anniversary... Vegas Style

Chris and I celebrated our 4th anniversary this weekend by going on a short little weekend trip to Vegas. Vegas is cheap, we can drive there and there is lots to do there even without gambling. 

Our first stop was the Heart Attack Grill. You have to wear a hospital gown while you eat. If you weigh over 350 pounds you eat for free and there was actually a man who got to eat for free while we were there. I would be so embarrassed to get on a scale in front of everyone but he wasn't. He was quite proud of himself and took pictures with lots of people. One French woman even asked his name so she could tag him in the picture on Facebook. 

 We stayed at Excalibur. I think my biggest complaint would be the time you have to wait to get an elevator to get to your room.... and there was no way I was going to go up the 15 flights of stairs to get there lol.

We walked around a lot... a lot a lot. We wanted to see about getting tickets to a Cirque show. There was a deal online where you could get the tickets for 50% off but then the service charges were a lot so I thought maybe if we bought the tickets at the the ticket office it would be cheaper but it wasn't. So we sat in the nice cold lobby and ordered our tickets online. 

Saturday morning we got up and I made Chris go to the gym with me. We also hung out at the pool which was so nice. The heat doesn't seem so bad when you're in the pool. 

Proof (ish)






 The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay was awesome. They had some awesome sharks and some giant fish. I am so fascinated by creatures of the sea. I can't wait for the new aquarium in Utah to be finished. 










 





After a little break we went to the mall and walked around and then walked and walked and walked and went to Bellagio where we spend $10 on a smoothie because I was pretty sure I was going to die without it. 


The chocolate fountain where we got our smoothie.
 







Saturday night was the Cirque Du Soleil Show Love. They had great music by the Beatles and amazing dancing and acrobatics. I love going to Cirque shoes and all the shows we have seen have been so different. Chris and I have seen two of the shows in Vegas and I think both times Chris came out saying it was so different then what he was expecting. If you ever get the chance to go to a Cirque Du Soleil show I highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed. 




Sunday morning we headed home. Excited to sleep in our own bed and see our sweet boy. This was the first time we had been away from Gavin for so long.... and in another state. 

Poor Chris... he had to drive the whole time.
Yay Utah!!!
Thank you Mimi and Grandpa for taking care of Gavin for us. It looks like he has had so much fun I'm not sure he's going to want to come home. 

Having a serious conversation with Mimi about what he wants to eat. He is seriously the sweetest boy.

Thank you Chris for a super fun weekend and a wonderful five years. I love you and look forward to many more wonderful years with you. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your scared face with the sharks, so cute!
    It looks like you guys had a great time. I bet your mom and dad loved to have Gavin all weekend.

    ReplyDelete