Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Day 2013

The day started with my morning run. 
It rained in the early hours of the morning and the air was still thick and sticky. 

I don't mind the thick air if it means we can have some rain. It has been such a dry hot summer. I really thought we would have a mild summer since winter was so cold. I guess it makes sense that I'm not the weather man/woman.

After I got home from my run we all got ready to head to the parade. We have gone to the Provo parade every year except last year which I don't think I'll ever stop hearing about lol. I talked Chris into going to they Kaysville parade instead last year and he was not impressed. Although he was impressed at the size of the Davis High Marching Band... GO DARTS lol. 
 
I don't know if it's just that it wasn't as hot and sunny when we got to Provo this year or we really didn't park as far away as we normally do... but the walk was not too bad this year. Thankfully Grandma Draudt saved us a spot and we didn't miss any of the parade. The parade was lots of fun and Gavin loves the fire engines and any motorcycles. We missed seeing the jets fly over this year. I think we were sad when we heard they wouldn't be flying because of government cut backs (or something like that) on the news the night before. 
 

Daddy is always so nice to make sure the kids can see the parade. I am pretty sure I have a few pictures just like this at the Provo parade with Daddy and Brooklyn.

Flag nails for Brooklyn. She is always good at holding still to get her nails painted. She is such a girly girl.
Brooklyn has lost a couple of teeth and has teeth growing in. I asked her to show me her teeth and this is the look I got. She is so funny... and even funnier when she isn't trying to be funny.

Watching the Parade with Grandma and Josh.
Brooklyn couldn't keep her headband on so I put it on.
Oh man are we in trouble. This little girl that was sitting next to us at the parade was in love with Gavin. She couldn't leave him alone she just wanted to show him her shirt and give him hugs. If the ladies already love him now I don't know that I'm going to do well with Jr High and High School.

Our favorite part of the parade was the very last Drum and Bugle Corp Carolina Crown. They were awesome. They even played a song for the bleachers so we went and watched. Chris took a video of it... it was incredible!

After the parade we met up with Ian and Amy and their family and went for some taco's at I think it's called Brassas in Provo. It's just a little shack and the tables are just outside under a canopy. It was so delicious. We always love getting to spend time with Ian and Amy and their family.... they also have the cutest sweetest kids. Their oldest who is a few years younger then Brooklyn but who is almost as big as Brooklyn is always trying to hold her hand. Brooklyn gets so nervous and won't let him hold his hand even though he's just trying to be friends. Poor guy ha ha. 

It was then time for a nap and air conditioning for everyone. I am so grateful for air conditioning. It is so hot without it. Gavin has a rash on his arms and we're not totally sure if it's from the heat or if it's something else. We'll probably give it a couple of days and if it doesn't get better take him in. The rash doesn't seem to bother him so I haven't really felt like it's an emergency to get it looked at.
Gavin's rash :( Which looked worse this morning.
We are so funny!
Once everyone got up we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Draudt's for a BBQ and fireworks. Dinner was delicious and then we waited until it got dark. Brooklyn's mom sent her with some glow sticks and Brooklyn was so excited about them she made sure we didn't ever forget them. Once it was dark enough we pulled them out and all of the kids had fun. Gavin was not a big fan of the fireworks this year. I think they were too loud and made him nervous. He spent most of the time tucked under my arm and finally fell asleep. He wouldn't let me move. I moved him onto a blanket in the grass and he insisted he be right next to me and would move closer if I moved at all. 
Gavin is too funny. I had to post both pictures..

I was popular for a little while. Both my niece Eva and Gavin wanted to sit on my lap.
Glow sticks.... check!
Not quite sure how to feel about fireworks.
Brooklyn on the other hand loved the fireworks and couldn't get enough of them. She organized all the fireworks in the order that the boys were going to shoot them off. I'm sure in a few years she'll be so excited to help light them all off. It was so fun to see her get so excited about the fireworks. 


Utah is the best we get to do this all again in just a couple of weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment