Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend at Ca-bay-las

I went to look at my pictures from the weekend and realized I had only taken three pictures the whole weekend. How does that even happen? I finally remembered. We went to Cabelas on Saturday and I left my phone in the car so we used Daddy's phone to take pictures.

Saturday morning I got up and went for my run. I went a route I haven't taken in a couple weeks and the first half is slightly uphill and the second half is slightly downhill. I don't know what my deal was and maybe it had something to do with the humidity but I felt like I was going to die after about a mile. It was awful. I went four and a half miles but was a bit slower then I have been. 

What was the best is the kids were bathed and mostly ready for the day by the time I got home. (Thanks Chris) Score for Mom!
Tried to do a star. I'd seen this on pinterest and then a friend I have on fb did her daughters hair like this so I tried it out. It didn't turn out quite as good as hers but it wasn't  too bad.
We saw Despicable Me 2 which the kids enjoyed. Gavin has been making noises like the minions for a couple of weeks. 

We also went to the outlets to see about getting Gavin some new church pants as the ones he has are all floods. The funny thing is the size he is currently wearing are 12mo but the 18mo completely drown him and are way way to long. we'll probably just roll them up until he grows into them.... which hopefully will be soon. Poor short little guy. We also got Brookie some new jammies. She has only had one pair of summer jammies at our house for a year or longer and they're starting to get a little small. They have a great sale on summer jammies at OshKosh just incase you wanted to know :)

After the outlets since we were right there we went to Cabelas to see the animals and the fish. Gavin was so excited the minute we walked in the door. There was lots of screaming (with excitement). 

Smiling at his sister.
Getting Gavin to look at the camera was pretty much impossible.
 

We also stopped at Scheels for a minute but both of the kids were tired and ready to go home by the time we got there so we didn't spend much time there. 
Brooklyn actually sat next to the statue and touched his leg. She is so funny.
 Brooklyn made her first basket in a big basketball hoop this weekend and she is getting much better and shooting hoops. We definitely had a fun weekend.
Gavin has the best big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment