Friday, July 12, 2013

I Almost Posted This To the Wrong Blog!


I am pretty sure this doesn't belong on Andrea's blog.... lol.

It has been another rainy week. I am loving it! It smells good and cools things down and is great for the grass and plants and everything :)

I was thinking we'd go to Seven Peaks today but since mister Gavin had the D (TMI) yesterday and it's raining I guess we will postpone that little adventure for a while.





Soccer

Brooklyn had two soccer games this week. It is cute watching the little kids play soccer. They don't use goalies and they don't really play positions they just all run around the ball. Brooklyn has scored three goals this summer and has done so well with soccer. It's so fun to watch her get into it and have a great time.




Gavin had fun playing with Brooklyn's other little brother at the game.






Tie-Dying with Mimi

Mimi has been so excited to spend some extra time with Brooklyn. She brought all sorts of fun things to do with the kids. It's extra fun having Brooklyn around and now that she's big enough to do some crafts it's a blast!

Mimi brought the stuff to tie-dye some shirts so that is what they did Tuesday.  I only have some of the pictures with me today so I'll have to post the rest later.
Gavin tries to do everything his sister does.

Coloring his shirt. Mimi is so tricky there was a cap on the bottle. Gavin thought he was really doing it... that's really all that matters.


Once the shirts are dyed you have to let them sit for 24-48 hours. I just washed them out yesterday and they look awesome! I rinsed them and washed them and laid them out to dry. I'll post pictures later of them actually wearing their cute shirts.

Thanks Mimi!


 



Chris is going to be 30!!!

I've started to plan(ish) Chris's birthday party this year and I'm getting exciting. I can't believe he's going to be 30 this year. I think it makes me feel like I'm turning thirty too... even though I'm not... thank goodness... just kidding haha.  

I think I've decided what I'm doing for a theme... now to just figure out the cake. It's going to be awesome. Brooklyn is pretty excited too. She wants it to be a surprise and came up with a super secret idea for the party theme.... which we probably won't use but I think it's so sweet how she wants to help plan everything.





Cub Scouts 

This week for Scouts we worked on our skit for the camp out, and the boys Outdoorsman pin.  

 I think I thought the skit would be funnier then it was when they actually practiced it. Hopefully it will be funny to them at the camp out. 

We learned to Whip and Fuse the ends of rope this week which was surprisingly easier then I thought it would be. The boys also learned to tie a square knot (some of them already knew how). We talked about fire safety and the Leave No Trace guidelines. The boys will get to build a fire using the safety rules when we go to the camp out. We will still need to go on a three mile hike with the boys. I'm still not sure where we're going to go or how long it will take to hike three miles with all the boys.

It is very important that our Cubs come to the camp out so they can pass off everything for their Outdoorsman pin which is a requirement to get their Arrow of Light. I really hope everyone comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment