Monday, July 1, 2013

Juneathon... The End

Juneathon is over. I got sick and missed a few days and I didn't run on Sundays. But I still ran more this month then I have in a long time. Maybe more this month then I ever have in a month. I need to find something to motivate me this month... still not sure what it will be. 

Thursday I didn't end up running. I was getting ready to send Gavin to Mimi and Grandpa's for a few days and getting myself ready to go to Vegas. We didn't get back from dropping Gavin off until way too late to go running. 

Friday morning I got up and went for a very quick run before we left for Vegas. I got up a little later then I was planning and I knew we would be walking around once we got to Vegas so I didn't want to kill myself on my run. I'm glad I only ran a mile Friday because we ended up walking around way more then I thought we would.... and it was so hot the whole weekend, close to 120 degree weather every day. 


Saturday I got up and made Chris go to the gym at the hotel with me. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever worked out on my vacation. I had already missed one day of running for the week and had only run a mile two other days so I felt like I needed to go a little bit further even though I knew we'd be walking around in the heat again. It was a pretty good run. My pandora didn't start working until I had been running for a few minutes and my headphones were no longer plugged it. It was nice and loud for everyone to hear. It  took me a minute to get it turned off. I was impressed Chris who hasn't been running in a long time even ran 2.25 miles. It's so much easier to workout when you have someone to go with. 


This was a fun challenge. I read a fellow Juneathoner's blog and he started Juneathon with a marathon and ended with a marathon. Wow! I almost feel guilty calling myself a Juneathoner next to him. I am definitely an armature runner but I still had fun and I increased my mileage and pace throughout June. I hope I can just keep getting better and look forward to my next challenge.

Juneathon miles Friday - 1.1
Juneathon miles Saturday - 3.2
Juneathon miles in total -  65.3!

No comments:

Post a Comment