Monday, July 15, 2013

Grandpa is OLD!

Brooklyn's mom posted a link to a you tube video the other day of this hairstyle. I was amazed and wanted to try it myself... so I tried it. It turned out pretty cute. I'm sure I didn't do as well as her mom and it probably took me a lot longer then it took her. Ha ha Thankfully Brooklyn was pretty patient with me. 


Friday I got a call from my Mom asking if we would want to go see Ragtime at Hale Center Theater that night because they had two extra tickets. Chris and I love going to the Hale Center Theater and jumped at the chance.  Thankfully Grandma Draudt was kind enough to watch the kids for us while we went. 


The play was phenomenal. It was a great story and the actors did an incredible job. Before we got there I was sure to tell my family that I went to high school with a girl that is in the play. I was a little disappointed to find out that she was in the other cast and wouldn't be performing the night we went. We had a great time. I get so dang emotional these days... It was a great play. 
Some of the cast from the play.
 I felt bad leaving the kids again for the night but sometimes date nights need to happen. I think it contributed to Gavin being really clingy the rest of the weekend. I stayed in nursery with him this week and he just cried almost the whole time I think he was just worried I was going to leave him again. 

I got up not so early on Saturday and went for a run. I need to figure out somewhere else to do my long run because I was adding crazy loops (like around the church and the park and whatever else) just to get in my distance. I am just a little picky with where I run and I am extra cautious since I normally go by myself.... still I got in seven miles Saturday morning.  

Between the wind and the sun coming out it dried me out lol... gross!
  Brooklyn made Grandpa a picture for his birthday. After band practice we headed up to Mimi and Grandpas house.  


Grandpa's birthday was Wednesday. Not all of us were able to get together that day we got together Saturday. Gavin is so funny as soon as we get in their neighborhood he starts yelling Baka (grandpa) over and over and over until we get to Grandpa. 
Wearing their tie-dye shirts they made with Mimi.
 Brooklyn helped Mimi make Grandpas pineapple upside down birthday cake and the kids always have fun at Mimi and Grandpas. We checked out the splash pad in Kaysville... which is amazing. Brooklyn had tons of fun even though it was starting to sprinkle when we got there. We didn't stay long enough for Gavin to really get too into playing in the water. 


When we got back to Mimi and Grandpas house we had a BBQ, cake and ice cream and played some minute to win it games. We had a fun day and are so glad we could celebrate Grandpa's special day!

 
Love you Grandpa!

One last picture... Gavin wanted to wear his Nemo swim diaper on Sunday. Silly boy.


1 comment: