Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Little of This and That

I was so nervous for cub scouts. I obviously am not a boy and I didn't have any brothers so I have never really had any connection with the scout program. I do have a little boy now and I'm so excited that we get the learn the program so when Gavin gets there we'll know what we're doing. Much of yesterday was spent in preparation for scouts. 

I was a little bummed I wouldn't be able to go to the Relief Society activity. While we were having our den meeting we heard a noise at the door and thought it was a scout coming late. When Chris opened the door this is what we found...
How sweet is that?! It really made me feel loved knowing that they even noticed I wasn't at the activity. I hope they had fun with their activity even though I wasn't there ;)

There is really so much I am learning about scouts. I didn't understand what they needed for the flag ceremony and almost spent $20 on a giant flag at Target. Thankfully I didn't and Chris got some smaller/medium size flags at Walmart that were much, much cheaper. We are still hunting for a uniform for Chris. We want to set a good example for our Scouts by wearing the uniform just like we expect them to. 

When we were done with den meeting Gavin insisted we go for a walk. It was actually quite a nice temperature outside after the sun went down. We walked around the neighborhood and ended up at the park. Yesterday was the first time we let Gavin go up the steps and down the slide all by himself and I was glad he didn't fall off the playground. Sometimes that boy has no fear which isn't always a good thing.
Can someone please explain to me how these "merry go rounds" are safe?... anymore safe then the ones they had when we were kids? I don't get these things.
 
Can't you just hear him saying "Cheese"?
Daddy and Gavin also watered the lawn a little extra last night. Gavin loves water.

 
I couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning. I'll have to run tonight. One of my favorite exercise shirts has disappeared. It seriously has vanished into thin air. I have looked everywhere several times. Such a bummer.

3 comments:

  1. Dang the summer and the brown spots it makes on the lawn. I don't know why, it all gets watered the same amount??? I need a Gavin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Gavin has the prettiest (uhum..handsome-est) eyes.

    That's a merry go round??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. I think he has pretty eyes too. I may be a little biased though.

      I am not totally sure if that's the official name for that round thing but I think that's what it is. They seem so dangerous to me. Lol

      Delete