Monday, May 13, 2013

Zoo and Mother's Day

I missed a few days blogging because we were too busy doing fun things.


Saturday was the only whole day we have Brooklyn all month because our weekends fall on her moms holidays. Since we won't see her much this month we wanted to make sure we did something fun with her.

Side note.... I'm glad I'm blogging this so I can show Brooklyn the pictures and remind her of the fun things we have done. I think the only thing so far that she kind of remembers us doing is the time we went to Disneyland. lol

I still don't think the Zoo has as many animals as they did when I was a kid. They don't have any hippos or lions or penguins. They do have bears again and they have seals and a sea lion though in new exhibits. They were fun to see and it was fun to watch the seals and sea lion swim under the water.
Brookie and the Lego monkeys.

Gavin looking at the real monkey.




Watching the Bird Show.







This picture was made is made out of Lego's and you couldn't even tell there was a baby monkey from close up.

Lego penguins.

Rawr!



The first animal we saw was the Tiger. Gavin would growl and then get a little nervous about the tiger.

I think both of the kids had a great time. Our favorite part of the zoo was going to the bird show. There were lots of birds that flew right over our heads... so close we were worried they might hit us. We had a such a fun day at the zoo and it wore everyone one at and both of the kids looked like this in the car....


Sunday was mothers day and we worked hard on Friday night and Saturday morning to make Mimi and Grandma Draudt's presents. Daddy even helped us make the necklaces. I'll post how we made everything later.



At Church Gavin slipped through the back of his chair and smacked his head on the floor. I felt so bad. I was also embarrassed because it made a ton of noise and all ten fruit snacks in his mouth (because he refuses to eat one at a time) went all over the floor. I sent Gavin out with Chris while I cleaned up the gooey chewed up fruit snacks that were all over the floor. Other than that once incident the day was pretty great!

V-Chocolates for Mothers Day at church... they were delicious!

Getting pictures of this silly boy is not easy.


We went to Mimi and Grandpa's house for a scrumptious dinner. Gavin had so much fun playing with Grandpa and Amanda's puppy Max. He loves the puppy but gets a little nervous sometimes. It was so fun to watch him run around with the puppy and yell "Puppy" over and over and "Sit" which sounds like a four letter word when he says it... and "Max" Which sounds more like mat. I love my sweet boy and I'm overjoyed that I get to be his Mama.
Gavin insisted on swinging in the big swing and not the baby swing.


I love my Mom.
 I hope everyone's mothers day was as great as mine.

(PS I can't wait for my necklace to get here :)

1 comment:

  1. You are the best mom ever! I'm so glad my BFF had such a great mothers day, you deserve it. Your family is so wonderful, I feel blessed all the time to have had you in my life.

    ReplyDelete