Monday, May 13, 2013

Issue a Public Apology

Day 13..... yeah I missed a few days.

It seems like I've gone to Hobby Lobby a lot recently and I've tried to go when I'm by myself or when I have help.... but there was one day that I just didn't have the option of going by myself or having help. I had to go last minute by myself in order to get something done.

A lot of times when I pick Gavin up from his Grandma's house he is ready for a nap and if he doesn't get that nap he turns into a little monster. This day was no exception. From the time we entered the store until we got home he screamed bloody murder. There was nothing I could do to calm him. I tried to comfort him I tried everything I could think of... (actually I don't think I tried chocolate I'll have to try that next time). I have a feeling if I saw myself I would think 'why doesn't she just come back later' or 'why doesn't she do something about that screaming child'. I think having children has made me much less judgmental of other people.

A sweet lady let me go in front of her in line which I was so grateful for. I stood in that line for a few minutes sweating and trying to calm my hysterical toddler.

I'm so sorry to the people in the store that day that probably couldn't hear or think over my screaming child. I'm sorry there was nothing I could do. Except maybe chocolate cause I didn't think of that at the time. My guess is that most of the women in the store have been there before and I'm so thankful for the friendly people who tried to help me. I think I woman even offered to help me pick something up on our way out of the store.

Gavin is usually such a happy camper but we've had a few crying spells while we're out and about but they seem to be less often the older he's getting. I'm sorry to everyone that has to listen to them and I'm sorry sometimes I can't calm him down. I know he's loud.

I guess that is all. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment