Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Soccer

Brooklyn played soccer this spring and I am amazed at how well she did. I was really quite shocked. (Can I say that? haha) She's just a girlie girl and when we walk around for a while asks to be carried because her legs hurt. I just had a hard time picturing her wanting to run around for an hour... I guess chasing a ball makes it more fun.


We went to her last soccer game of the spring season last night and she was fantastic!

I was so impressed that she kept up with the ball and wasn't afraid to get up there with the other (bigger) kids. I guess (I wasn't there) she got smacked in the face with a ball in one of her first games and yet she still got out there and played and asked for the ball. Last night she got hit in the arm and looked over at everyone almost to decide if she should be upset or not and then told everyone "I'm alright, it didn't even hurt." She is such a brave girl. 

What I loved even more was any time anyone else got hurt she would make sure they were okay by patting them on the back or helping them get up off the ground. That must be her big sister/motherly instinct showing through. She is such a sweet girl. 


Gavin had so much fun watching his big sister play soccer. He said "ball" and "Bookin" the whole time. He sure loves his big sister.

Pictures were taken by Chris because I was a genius and left my phone and camera at home. Thanks Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment