Monday, May 6, 2013

What do you do?

I have a few blogger friends... actually I think it would be more like I have a few friends that blog. Anyway, some of them are doing this blog every day in May challenge and I decided maybe I'll get in on the fun. Even though it's already the 6th... oops I missed a few days. 

Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?
 

I'm not sure if being a Mom would be included in answering with my job.... that is what I do a lot. I love being a mom.


Other than my jobs....

I read (mostly young adult novels.. I think that's how they would be classified.) Listen (and sing) to my favorite songs on repeat and dance when no one can see. I craft, decorate cakes, paint my nails. I sit "criss cross apple sauce" as Brooklyn says, on the bathroom counter and pluck my eyebrows. I go for walks... usually in other neighborhoods because ours is small and I feel silly walking around the same houses over and over again. I drink diet coke but am trying to give it up since it's so unhealthy for you... sometimes drinking water is just so stinking hard. I play FreeCell and take pictures of my kids with my phone... all the time.

It seems like a lot of my time is spent doing my "jobs" so thinking of who I am other than that is a bit of a struggle

I don't mind being defined as just a mom.... because I think being just a mom is awesome. I think being just a Mom is way more important then it sounds. One of my friends posted that she went on her kids school field trip and her name for the day was (fill in child's name)'s Mom and she thought that was great. I would have to say I agree! That is pretty awesome. I am so glad to be Gavin's mom and it will be awesome someday when his friends refer to me as Gavin's Mom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing this too! I'm not a mom yet, but definitely agree it is the most important job.

    I have only done day one so far...slacking. :/

    ReplyDelete