Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 16

Day 16 is supposed to be 'Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it.'

I have my hard days but I really feel like I don't have anything 'that' hard right now. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm asking for something because I would rather avoid some hard things.

I feel like I have seen so many other people go through hard things recently and maybe that's what has made things in my life seem relatively.... soft.

People are hit by cars, lose children, have family members with cancer, children have to have surgeries, miscarriages, infertility .... among a whole slew of other things.

Maybe dealing with a crabby toddler every once in a while and worrying about him not growing and carrying around an epi pen isn't so bad. Maybe it's not so bad that we have voles in our yard. Maybe it's not so bad that I can't seem to lose all my baby weight even when I work really hard. I would take my trials over those of someone else any day.

I am definitely counting my blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I wish I could change the baby weight thing, but I'll take it over so many other things - especially when it means I have these three cute babies! Even my "hard" soul stretching trials are such blessings when viewed in the right perspective!

    ReplyDelete