Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Juneathon Day 5... Seriously?!

Day 5 of Juneathon
Day 3 of eye twitching... I wish this would stop.

Today I told myself I would go for a run tonight instead of this morning because I was so tired. But I couldn't actually go back to sleep so I decided to get up and go for a run anyway. I picked out a short run and since I knew I was going for a short run I wanted to push extra hard to be back in the 9'something's for my pace. I was pushing hard and doing great.

I usually use the time I run to think about things that need to be done for the day or projects I want to do. I read a fellow Juneathon blogger's blog yesterday and he is a very talented writer he blogged all about his run and was so descriptive about so many things along his run. It was a great blog... I realized my blog isn't really like that. Maybe I was supposed to have just a running blog for this thing but that's not what my blog is. Oh well.... anyway back to the point so I was running thinking about things like door colors and then this happened....
You. Have. Got. To be kidding me.

You see that line that goes practically straight down and then straight and then stops? I was still running! My Nike+ sport band stopped detecting the sensor. This happened once before. When it happened before, after spending an hour on the phone with Nike, they had me try reconnecting the sensor and it has worked fine ever since until today. So basically the last 5-8 minutes of my run all I could think about was how upsetting it was that I was crushing my previous pace and I wouldn't even get credit for it. 

I am about done with Nike. I really liked my sport band for a long time but it is so frustrating when it doesn't work. I am sure I sound like a crazy woman. I know I still really burned the calories and what not but I like to see it tracked and on my log. So BLAH!


We've lived in our house for two and a half years and our door has never been painted.... and our yard needs some help. Our grass doesn't look too bad but we need to do something about some flower beds and the landscaping in the front yard. I spent yesterday looking at different colors for our door and trying to decide if I want to do an elevated flower bed in the front or if I just want to leave it level with the grass. We also have some very ugly bushes in front of our house that were planted too close to our house that we need to rip out. Except I have a hard time wanting to rip them out now because they have pretty flowers that are starting to bloom on them (see picture above). And I got an idea for a wreath I want to make... so we picked up some of the supplies we'll need. 


We definitely have some fun projects to do this summer!

Juneathon miles today - 2.5
Juneathon miles in total - 15.1


1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your Nike sport band. :/ Sounds frustrating. But way to go with your running. You're rocking it!

    ReplyDelete