Monday, June 24, 2013

Cub Scouts Here We Come!

Sunday Morning we met with a member of the Bishopric. I knew we would be getting a new calling but I had already figured out it would be a calling in the nursery. I had been asking Chris if he was ready for a calling in the nursery ever since we found out the ward was splitting so I was extremely surprised when we were not called to be in the nursery. We have been called to be in the Cub Scouts!

I honestly know nothing about scouts but my mom has been in Cub Scouts for a few years and is beyond excited for us to be in the cub scouts too. We definitely have a lot to learn. I know we'll have lots of fun and I'm sure Mr. Gavin will have lots of fun with the big boys too.

Lets back up a little bit.....

Friday was the first day I ran all week. It's kind of a bummer getting sick in the middle of a month you're trying to run every day (ish because I don't run Sunday) I kind of surprised myself and I wasn't as slow as i thought I would be after taking the whole week off and being sick.  I haven't uploaded my runs on nike+ yet so I don't have the exact times or distance. I went about 3.25 miles with a pace of around 9'33"... like I said I'm not positive.

Saturday was a little slower. Somehow that first day back at running is easier then the second.... and my legs were sore by the time I went. I went around 3.25 miles again but with a pace of just below 10'. 

Saturday morning we slept in and then we worked in the yard for a while. We don't have a flowerbed area in our front yard so we spent a while digging out grass so that we can have a flowerbed. Gavin started to get tired and crabby and then the spiders started to show themselves so we decided to continue working on it another day. Those dang spiders were ginormous! bleck I should have taken a picture. Anyway, after working in the yard is when I went for my little run. (just now realizing the reason my back is sore is probably from working in the yard ha ha)

Gavin had nap time and then we went to the movies and saw Monsters University. It was a very cute show and Gavin is getting better at sitting still for movies. We made it through a little more than an hour before he needed to move around. I was actually pretty impressed with how well he did.

We returned some binoculars for Mimi and Grandpa and did some browsing at Nordstrom Rack. I actually found a really good deal on some running capris that have a drawstring around the inside that will hopefully help keep them up while I run... losing my pants is a major issue when I run.
Trying on a blazer at Nordstrom Rack
Outside of Nordstrom was this statue. Chris told me I should see if I could get Gavin to sit by it. Gavin loved it and was touching it and hugging it. It was hilarious. I think it was extra funny because if it had been Brooklyn she wouldn't have gotten within ten feet of the statue.

We ended Saturday with some grocery shopping. Gavin is so funny sometimes. He gave the girl that checked us out the biggest smiles.
Dirty Chocolate Binky Face.

Sunday Gavin went to Nursery again. I think he cried off and on for the whole two hours. I felt so bad. Hopefully next week will go better.

Juneathon miles last week - 6.5
Juneathon miles in total - 53.5

No comments:

Post a Comment